What is LED Light Therapy and it’s benefits?
Did you know that NASA used red LED light as the “light source” to grow plants in space?
They tested this on humans and sure enough it did the same along with many other benefits! The sun produces red light along with UVA and UVB rays. NASA has been able to remove the negative UV rays and use just the red light, the positive effects from the sun. Here are some benefits and uses:
- Speeds up wound healing time
- Increases production of collagen and elastin
- Pain Relief- It’s been proven to reduce the painful side effects resulting from chemotherapy and radiation treatment in bone marrow and stem cell transplant patients
- Healing for any skin condition such as psoriasis, eczema, serious burns, acne, hyper-pigmentation, and scarring
- Brings more blood and nutrients to the skin
- FDA Approved
I also recommend blue light and green light for skin conditions.
- Blue light therapy kills bacteria in the epidermis or the top layers of the skin. This is ideal for pustules, blackheads and after extractions.
- Green light therapy kills bacteria in the dermis layers of the skin. This is ideal for cystic acne or deep inflammation bumps that come up. Very healing.
I love love love adding the light therapy to the end of any skincare treatment I do on my clients. This will speed up wound healing time and compliments all of my treatments as a lovely therapeutic finisher.